Monday, November 6, 2017

Chapter 5


They mingled and accepted the hugs and kisses and congratulations of their family and friends.  They ate and drank and laughed and kissed every time someone demandingly tapped their glass with whatever utensil was handy.  When dinner was cleared away and the tables rearranged, Richie turned on the sound system and music flooded the back yard.  Stepping back outside, he searched out and found Stephanie sitting with their daughter and her family.

He had been waiting for this moment since she stepped out onto the patio.  She once again managed to take his breath with a pretty dress and a soft smile.   She had been his since that day in her kitchen when a storm raged outside and the lights went out.  But today she finally left the ghost of lives past behind her and she was now officially a Sambora. 

He came up to her and held out a hand, “dance with me sweetheart.”  Wordlessly, she took his hand and stood following him to the “dance floor” and with a slight spin she was in his arms as the song started.  He hummed along with Brian McKnight as they moved in a small, slow circle in front of the pool.

It's undeniable
That we should be together
It's unbelievable
How I used to say
That I'd fall never
The basis is need to know
If you don't know
Just how I feel
Then let me show you now
That I'm for real
If all things in time
Time will reveal

One
You're like a dream come true
Two
Just want to be with you
Three
Girl, it's plain to see
That you're the only one for me
And four
Repeat steps one through three
Five
Make you fall in love with me

If ever I believe my work is done
Then I'll start back at one

It's so incredible
The way things work themselves out
And all emotional
Once you know what it's all about, hey
And undesirable
For us to be apart
I never would have made it very far
'Cause you know you've got the keys to my heart

He skimmed his hand up and down her back, relishing in the goose bumps he could feel as his fingers settled in the small of her back.  “You look amazing Sweetheart” he murmured.  “But you know what this does to me.”  His fingers danced up and down her spine again.  “You make me want to drag you off and have my way with you, and the hell with everyone else out here.”

She inhaled sharply and her nipples hardened to stiff peaks inside her dress.  She raised her gaze and her smile turned slightly wicked.  “Why do you think I picked this particular dress?”  She pressed herself flush against him, pressing her hips against his and giving a slight shimmy.

He groaned, “how did I miss this evil streak of yours?” 

She just chuckled quietly and nipped along his jaw.  “I only let it out on special occasions.”  She pressed her hips against him again.

He shifted again, “you know two can play this game, right?” 

She just raised her eyebrows at him the challenge clear in her witchy eyes.

He skimmed a hand up her back again, his thumb scraping softly against the soft skin at her side, at the just barely showing side of her breast. 

She sucked in a breath and her nipples tightened even more.  “Rich” she warned.

His thumb moved in slow circles, inching inside the side of her dress, a flutter along the lower curve of her breast.  “I told you.”

The song continued to play and they were oblivious to everything and everyone around them.

One
You're like a dream come true
Two
Just want to be with you
Three
Girl, it's plain to see
That you're the only one for me
And four
Repeat steps one through three
Five
Make you fall in love with me
If ever I believe my work is done
Then I'll start back at one

Say farewell to the dark of night
I see the coming of the sun
I feel like a little child
Whose life has just begun
You came and breathed new life
Into this lonely heart of mine
You threw out of the lifeline
Just in the nick of time

One
You're like a dream come true
Two
Just want to be with you
Three
Girl, it's plain to see
That you're the only one for me
And four
Repeat steps one through three
Five
Make you fall in love with me
If ever I believe my work is done
Then I'll start back at one

As the song faded away Stephanie tried to step back, but Richie held her fast against him, his lips a breath from hers.  “You can’t go anywhere yet.”

She tried to even out her breathing.  She was on edge, hanging on to her sanity by a fingertip.  She took a deep breath and raised her eyes to his, his face looked as flushed as hers felt.  She inched her hips back and felt his cock twitch.  “Take a deep breath Rich.” 

He did and his grip on her relaxed.  Minutely.

“Think cold thoughts.”  She smirked and pressed her lips to his.

“I’ll get you for this, later” he warned with an evil glint in his eye.

Stephanie opened her mouth to respond and was cut off.

“Mama, Daddy!”  Lilly ran toward them.  “Cake!!”

Stephanie felt Richie relax against her and she nearly laughed.  “All better now?”  Nothing like the happy shout of a three-year old to ease the tension.

Richie’s hand drifted from the small of her back down to her bottom, giving her a sharp pinch.

“Hey!”  She rubbed out the sting.

“Later Sweetheart” he warned again before releasing Stephanie and turning her to put her back to his front.

Not quite ready to let him have the last word, she crouched down in front of him, letting her body glide against him until she was eye-to-eye with her daughter.  She didn’t miss his quite groan or his mumbled “evil woman.”

Stephanie just smiled and took stock of their daughter.  Her dress was still amazingly clean, her flower and ribbon crown was missing though and she had a chocolate milk moustache.  “Are you ready for cake baby doll?” 

She nodded her head, making her dark curls bounce around her head.  “Yes!”

Stephanie stood, scooping Lily up with her, “all right baby doll, let’s go see what we’ve got over here.”

Lily looked over her mother’s shoulder at Richie, “come on daddy, cake!”

Richie took a deep breath and tugged down his suit jacket, hoping no one would notice the wood he was still sporting, and followed his girls across the patio.

1 comment:

  1. LOL !!, what a moment !!!, Richie found the last of his shoes ...

    ReplyDelete